What is the Business Linkage Programme (BLP)?
The BLP is a $4m training and mentorship programme designed to assist small and medium enterprises to fast track their businesses from locally good to globally competitive over 3 years.
Who is behind the BLP?
What does the BLP want to achieve?
The BLP offers 120 Ghanaian SMEs access to $30,000 worth of training and consultancy for a fraction of the cost. The aim is to develop Ghanaian companies to a stage where they can:
- Win new clients locally, regionally and internationally
- Increase profit through greater efficiency
- Access finance
- Create new jobs
How does it Work?
Invest in Africa has designed a bespoke training programme that will take high growth potential SMEs through the following steps:
- Entrepreneurship Excellence Training
- Bespoke analysis of each SMEs’ business strengths and weaknesses
- Management training from globally recognised consultancy and IIA Partner EY (formally Ernst & Young)
- Mentorship and coaching support from global experts
- Technical guidance to improve the quality of goods and services
- Showcase their new business skills, goods and services on the African Partner Pool to win new business
Successful enterprises will be supported by local and international mentors and consultants to:
- Deliver goods and services to time, quality and scale
- Win new business and export to new markets
- Meet international standards
- Access finance from IIA’s Partner Banks
How do I apply to the BLP?
The BLP is only open to the following SMEs, those:
- Operating in any of the 10 regions of Ghana
- Who have been in business for up to 2 years or more
- With between 15 – 100 employees
- Who have the desire to improve company efficiency and capacity
To apply or for further information,
Email: BLP@investinafrica.com or Call 0342290974 or 0303938751
To increase the chance of winning a place on the BLP applicants must:
- Join the APP as a local supplier
- Complete their profile, demonstrating efforts to be transparent and embed governance standards.