The 6th National Ghana Oil, Gas & Power Summit, the most established oil and gas event in Ghana, saw over 300 delegates, 75 exhibitors and over 1,000 visitors attend including Hon. Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah (Min. of Petroleum) who participated in the session chaired by Mr. Brandful.
The session chaired by Invest in Africa examined how local content could be optimised in the energy sector by building partnerships.
Notable takeaways from these discussions were:
- Despite recent economic challenges, Ghana remains a favourable business and investment destination for oil and gas companies
- Local content and sustainability of Ghanaian companies in the oil and gas sector is still a key policy for the government
The summit also explored why investors should keep investing in Ghana’s Oil and Gas industry. The notable takeaways on this topic were:
- Growth in understanding by Ghana’s policy makers of the oil and gas industry’s needs
- Continued political and socio-economic stability in the country even during challenging macroeconomic conditions
- Increased participation of Ghanaian companies in the oil and gas industry
The summit was closed by a discussion, also chaired by Invest in Africa, on how Ghana’s natural resources could be sustainably developed.
To find out more about how you can benefit from Ghana’s Oil and Gas industry contact Invest in Africa by email [email protected].